The Baltimore Sun Media Group seeks a Community News Audience Engagement Manager to facilitate more valuable conversation on our social channels and to improve online storytelling across our community news portfolio — including The Capital of Annapolis, Carroll County Times, The Aegis, Howard County Times and other weekly publications.
• Work collaboratively with BSMG’s editors and journalists to develop and drive strategies that grow audience.
• Analyze audience data and communicate results with BSMG editors to inform decisions on content creation and promotion.
• Seek out and facilitate direct-engagement opportunities — such as Twitter chats, Facebook Live conversations, Reddit AMAs and public meet ups.
* Regularly communicate social media/digital best practices to BSMG journalists, encouraging input and sharing among colleagues.
* Lead and contribute to training sessions.
* Assist with the daily programming of BSMG main social media accounts and websites.
* Create content as needed, assisting with daily coverage across the BSMG portfolio of publications, augmenting stories for the web, building digital presentations and editing video.
* Serve as a project manager on long-term digital initiatives, working at times with sales and marketing, developers and reporting teams.
* Create or coordinate creation of online presentations and data visualization.