Acts as Packaging Specialist for Chicago Tribune with responsibility for performing all related functions of the packaging operation under direction of supervisory personnel to enable the division to achieve optimum effectiveness of all daily and Sunday products/packages
- To be familiar with and adhere to department policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards of performance, attendance policy, overtime policy, substance abuse policy, housekeeping, etc.
- To meet productivity, reliability and quality standards and goals
- To monitor and/or operate automatic equipment including, but not limited to, stackers, tyers, lifts, bottom wraps, conveyors, hopper loaders, insert feeding stations, palletizers, labelers, stretch wrap machine, storage racks, etc.
- Operate and troubleshoot palletizer, inserting and stretchwrap equipment and understand manual and automatic controls
- To feed free standing inserts into inserting or collating machinery
- To replace stretch film and read and understand labels
- To monitor overall production flow and check for quality, accuracy and product integrity
- To maintain ongoing communication with polywrap operator and crew
- To complete daily report as required by supervisor
- To maintain positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- To train new employees on any packaging related tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel
- To manually pile/unpile bundles of newspaper or free standing inserts
- To identify equipment malfunctions and request service from maintenance department
- To operate lift truck and/or mule to transport preprinted material to and from storage or processing areas
- To participate in team problem solving that will result in providing a consistent high quality product
- To perform additional departmental tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel
- High School graduation or its equivalent (production experience preferred)
- Above average problem solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic inserting and collating equipment
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and move material, must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to lift or pile newspaper products that vary in weight from five to fifty pounds or more at one time
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed