Chicago Magazine seeks a talented, creative and enthusiastic photo director to join our team. You're a match if you are resourceful, have a strong work ethic, are able to juggle a large volume of projects in a fast-paced environment & work within tight deadlines. You will report directly to the Design Director and work closely with the art and editorial teams.
- Maintain and advance Chicago magazine's brand and aesthetic via photography
- Oversee the production of all photography in the magazine, including hiring and budgeting of photography and additional crew members when needed (makeup artists, stylists, etc)
- Contribute to the editorial content of the magazine by suggesting unique photo essays or photo-driven features
- Edit and research images for the magazine and website
- Source new photographers and other talent to add to our network of contributors
- Direct photo researcher to ensure we have the strongest possible images for print or digital purposes
- Direct photo retoucher to ensure the highest quality color reproduction in print
- Lead two fashion photo shoots with production, model casting and administrative tasks
- Manage daily workflow of magazine files including tracking and releasing of hi-res images to production
- Assist with maintaining budget for photoshoots
- Responsible for accurate photo credits
- Knowledgeable of contracts, usage rights, photo licensing and copyright laws
- Minimum of 10 years editorial experience.
- Passionate about photography
- Experience in sourcing images from stock, PR contacts, photographers, and other sources
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Highly organized, driven and assertive with an engaging and positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed