Responsible for coordinating the communication between Chicago Tribune Media Group and the delivery contractor network, including programs related to the delivery of products from Tribune and commercial clients, and ensures that all activities are in accordance with the strategic and operating plans of the company.
- Maintains active field presence during hours of delivery to observe performance of the delivery process.
- Monitors fulfillment of contractual obligations by delivery contractors regularly, especially delivery days that are critical in generating revenue.
- Assures adequate and timely distribution of all products.
- Participates in executing strategies, goals and the development and implementation of plans consistent with company and department objectives.
- Identify and reports any opportunities related to service, revenue and expense savings.
- Acts as liaison between CTC and distribution companies, communicating all initiatives and contractual expectations as well as resolving delivery issues as reported to CTC.
- Oversees expenses and maintenance of distribution centers.
- Ensures integrity of advertising zones, and responsible for accurate distribution and fulfillment of all advertising pieces and/or programs.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable service standards in alignment with contractor agreement incentives.
- Ensures all A/R balances are “current” and all corporate retail procedures are followed. Position is responsible for $1M in distributor receivables on an annual basis, in addition to corporate collected receivables
- Monitors and reports on the impact of significant competitive activities.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the contractor agreement.
- Is responsible for oversight of the delivery of over 800,000 copies on a weekly basis, with revenue impact of over $20M annually
- Responsible for timely preparation and execution of Independent Delivery Contract agreements.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of potential contractor candidates.
- Coordinates service verification of all publications
- Coaches distribution companies in best practices to achieve desired service levels
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, operational logistics and at minimum 3 -5 years equivalent experience related to newspaper distribution & transportation activities.
- Requires flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, positive attitude, collaboration, motivational, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Requires a sense of urgency to challenge the status quo, to take intelligent risks, and to maintain a competitive spirit.
- Requires strong conceptual, analytical problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Creativity, motivation, and teamwork are key to this position.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of independent contractor environments.
- Requires computer skills in a Windows and DOS environment. Familiarity with HDS, Syncronex, Agilis and MS Office components are essential. Knowledge of DSI and Business Objects are a plus.
- Requires working in an office/warehouse environment and outdoors at various temperatures. Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Must have valid drivers license and appropriate level of automobile insurance.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed