As an experienced Inside Media Sales Supervisor, you’ll drive our sales team potential, generate sales targets, implement strategic business plans and identify emerging markets for new products to drive revenue for the New York Daily News in Jersey City, NJ. You will be part of transforming our sales culture into one that creates strategic marketing partnerships with our clients. As we build our business for the future, we want strong people that aren’t afraid to take on the challenges of an evolving industry while understanding the importance of our daily journalism mission.
· Join an organization with a rich history and an exciting digital future
· One of the nation’s best known and trusted media companies
· Join a growing and vibrant sales organization that collaborates with our advertising partners to offer real solutions based on our industry-leading marketing intelligence, industry expertise and consumer insights
· Guide our inside sales team to drive revenue through existing and new business relationships while creating an environment where customer service flourish
· Lead processes to build, manage and execute a robust sales pipeline, by articulating our brand value and product knowledge
· Partner with marketing and business intelligence teams to identify high potential categories of business and develop robust lead generation strategies
· Manage day-to-day sales functions (i.e. sales plans, performance KPI’s, CRM and other sales applications) while seeking opportunities to streamline processes and maximize business relationships
· Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Stay up-to-date on industry best practices, standards and benchmarks through industry publications, newsletters, attending seminars or events and via individual or group training
· Bachelor’s degree in Business with 5+ years’ inside advertising sales experience and/or equivalent experience managing a high performing inside sales team required.
· High digital sales acumen required; Media Industry knowledge
· Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
· Self-starter, with excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills with strong ability to negotiate
· Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
What’s In It for You?
· To be a part of a media company rooted in award-winning journalism which informs, inspires and engages our growing audience.
· To be a part of a company that develops strong relationships with our audience and deliver customer-focused solutions based on their evolving needs.
· Opportunity to contribute to creating new and inventive ways for our company to be successful.
· Room for advancement internally and across Tribune Publishing.
· To succeed as a company, every person is needed including you because people come first.