- Typically requires an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Must possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills and have 2-3 years experience in a production environment in a planning or supervisory capacity.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of packaging operations and an overall knowledge of the newspaper production process.
- Requires skills in the use of personal computers and the use of current word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- A thorough knowledge of U.S. Postal regulations is required.
- Must be detail oriented and manage priorities effectively in a high volume, deadline oriented environment.
- Must have sound decision-making and problem-solving capabilities and work independently with little supervision.
- The ability to distinguish audible sounds and visual signals in order to walk about safely in close proximity to heavy industrial equipment is required.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.