Acts as Lead Production Operator for Chicago Tribune with responsibility for assisting the Technician on equipment and system setup, troubleshooting and running the magnapak inserting machines. As well as all related backline functions under direction of supervisory personnel to enable the department to achieve optimum efficiency of all Daily and Sunday products.
- To participate in team problem solving that will result in providing a consistent high quality product
- To perform additional departmental tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel
- To meet productivity, reliability and quality standards and goals
- To monitor and/or operate automatic equipment and systems including, but not limited to, stackers, tyers, hopper loaders, insert feeding stations, palletizers, labelers, stretch wrap machine, Omnizone, HMI, SAM systems, etc.
- To monitor overall production flow and check for quality, accuracy and product integrity
- To maintain ongoing communication with backline operator and crew
- To complete daily reports as required by Team Lead
- To maintain effective and open communication with Team Lead and co-workers on any matters that may impact the production and/or distribution of the product, and to report to the Team Lead other matters that require his/her attention.
- To maintain positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- To train new employees on any packaging related tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel
- To manually pile/unpile bundles of newspaper or free standing inserts
- To be familiar with and adhere to department policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards of performance, attendance policy, safety policy, code of conduct policy, housekeeping, etc.
- To identify equipment malfunctions and request service from maintenance department
- Should have a High School diploma or equivalent to
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude, computer literacy and the ability to operate
- equipment including inserters, labelers, inkjet printers, stackers, tyers.
- Above average problem solving skills necessary to monitor and repair automatic
- inserting and backline equipment
- Requires bending, twisting, kneeling, walking and standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, use hands to finger, feel and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have the ability to work independently and work under deadlines. Must be self-motivated and have effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all personnel.
- Typically requires one to two years of experience in a high volume production operation to meet standards in all aspects of the Lead Production Operator requirements.
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use.
- Working in this environment directly results in exposure to paper dust in the air and high noise levels from running equipment.
- Must be able to work 10hr-12hr shifts
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to wear steel toed safety shoes
- Must be able to wear safety earplugs
- Must be able to wear safety goggles (if applicable)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed