Baltimore Sun Media is seeking a self-starting and dedicated sports reporter to cover community beats primarily in Howard County.
Baltimore Sun Media is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
Successful candidates should have a bachelor's degree, journalism preferred, and at least one year of professional reporting experience, with some background in sports.
Other requirements of the position include:
• Contributing content daily as an active member of the reporting team, ensuring readers of complete, accurate and fair coverage;
• Contributing and producing photos and videos to enhance website and print content; and alerting readers through social media;
• Unearthing, investigating and executing original story ideas in consultation with the content editor;
• Working the equivalent of a 5-day, 40-hour week, which will include night shifts and occasional weekend work;
• Assisting other reporters on issues that relate directly to their beats;
• Contributing daily to the our social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, etc;
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Baltimore Sun Media offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Interested applicants should provide resume, three writing samples and links to online work, if available. References should be furnished when requested.