Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The New York Daily News is hiring one Summer 2020 Advertising Sales Intern to join our growing sales team! This intern will have the opportunity to learn and develop real-world media advertising sales skills in the marketplace. Interns will have the ability to call on any size business and discuss with owners & Advertising agencies the benefits and opportunities of the New York Daily News Group portfolio of products, as well as special section initiatives.
The Candidate will enjoy a strong team and fun culture while learning to sell advanced advertising products and experience client engagement. The chosen candidate will work closely within the current advertising staff alongside our largest territory of sales reps. They will engage with multiple levels of sales reps within the whole organization to shadow, assist & help grow their business, establishing relationships organizationally.
This role also provides its candidates access to upper level management and potential career path opportunities in the future.
- Dates: Monday, June 1 to Friday, July 24
- Hours: About 20-30 hours a week at $15.00 an hour
- Eligibility: Open to full-time graduate or undergrad students
- Work with small to medium size business owners and advertising agencies; over phone & in person meetings.
- Develop real world media advertising and sales skills.
- Exposure to the print & digital advertising mediums.
- Engage and work in collaboration various levels of the sales organization – including direct day to day contact with Team Lead, Sales Management & Executive Director of Regional.
- Job Shadowing & opportunity to work alongside existing sales staff to help influence & grow client revenue.
- Fun & exciting team atmosphere built around career path & coaching across various sales elements.
- Opportunities to develop professional relationships and engage with multiple Chicago Tribune departments.
- Internship culminates with a group presentation created & around the key-learnings and success to the Executive Director of Regional Advertising and the SVP of Sales.