Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The Chicago Tribune is hiring a Vice President of Advertising to lead our sales teams. The Chicago Tribune has a rich, 170-year history and an exciting digital future. It’s our mission to serve our community, engage our readers and drive results for our advertisers.
As a VP of Advertising, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing key sales growth strategies, tactics and plans required to achieve financial targets and increase sales. Our premium roster of publications reach 15M unique visitors per month. You will be continuing to transform our sales culture into one that creates strategic marketing partnerships with our clients. There is huge business opportunity in our market with clients we are not currently working with and you will be part of our drive to develop new business. We will marshal all your strengths – your creativity, your dedication to our mission, your resolve to find the best ways to serve our clients – and put them flush against a strategy designed to promote growth and sustainability.
In print and online, the Chicago Tribune reaches 2.9 million readers each week in the Chicagoland area, making us the region’s most widely read source of news and information.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify new business development opportunities by leading sales subordinates in account prospecting, account management, account acquisitions, needs assessments, proposal generation and contract negotiations. Demonstrates strong leadership skills to increase advertising revenue across media platforms within assigned territories.
- Work independently and collaboratively to ensure customer needs are achieved by nurturing business relationships and leading issue resolution reviews with both internal and external partners.
- Performs all functions of personnel management of the department employees in accordance with company policies.
As an organization, we are committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.